Previous month:
April 2016
Next month:
June 2016

May 2016

Tuesday at the beach!

So, it was overcast today and it rained off and on.  We decided to go do all our shopping.  We hit several thrift stores.  I got two pair of shorts, a cute purse, and a tankini top.  I have a bottom from another tankini and it matches perfectly! :)  We got lunch at Sonic and I even had an ice cream cone from DQ. Oh.... my friend wanted a shake from Cookout.  It was right next to a Starbucks.  The line was so long, that I was able to get out, walk over to Starbucks, get a latte, and walked back before he was done! LOL!  The barista was really nice and she made a delicious drink for me!  Starbucks at the beach? BLISS!

We went to a bunch of pawn shops.  My friend loves those.  We also went to Food Lion to pick up a few things to eat in the room.  We came back here and I went back out to get in a walk!  I didn't get in my regular 8.5 miles, but I did a little over 6. I went to Bargain Beachwear and Rite Aid while I was on my walk.   I have my 21,000 steps for the day, so I'm happy about that!  I got back here and ate leftover pizza from yesterday.  After that, I went down on the beach.  I can't go a whole day without going out on the beach!  Hopefully tomorrow I'll get to go out and spend some time during the day!

So, now I'm going to post this and then I'm going to relax.  I want to get a good night's sleep as I didn't sleep well last night. I really need it!

What day is this?!

Yeah, it's been a long week and longer weekend!  If all goes well, my next post will be somewhere more fun and much happier!  Keep your fingers crossed for me!  I am so looking forward to it!

I did get in a walk today.  It rained a little bit while I was walking, but it wasn't too bad.  I only had to use my umbrella a little bit.  I got home and did my workouts.  Well, all but one.  I ate lunch and did that one.  I had plans to go to my friend's for a birthday dinner, so I headed out for that.  I ate and had cake. CAKE! :D  Then another friend called and needed me to drive him somewhere as his car needed a part.  I left and did that.  I got back here and let him keep the car overnight in case he needed to run out for another part.

I called my first friend back and she was still up, so I went up and spent some more time with her.  I finally got home and now I'm updating my blog so I can pack my laptop! :)  I hope to have a nice picture post tomorrow.  Just watch this spot for that. ^_^

Oops, not too cheery.

Yeah, sorry.  I should have posted a few hours ago when I actually felt half way decent.  I got in my walk today and did my workouts on time.  I also got some things done that I needed to do.  I ended up going to my friend's house for dinner.  They grilled out and had steak, chicken, and shrimp.  I had a small steak and a piece of chicken with a baked potato.  All that would have been fine, but they had cookies. ~_~; Yes, I ate some.

Tomorrow evening, I am supposed to go up for a birthday dinner.  That means there will be cake. I really should stay home!  I've slacked off on my eating a lot lately.  I really need to get back to being strict on what I eat. I was doing so well in January by never eating out of the house.  I really should go back to that.  It's easier to eat healthy when I eat at home, because I don't have a lot of food, and it has to last.  When I go out, there always seems to be plenty of food and I tend to eat more than I should!  I really want to get to my goal weight.  I've wanted that for a long time.  I just need to get back on track.  I still walk and workout, but my eating habits aren't going to help me one bit.

Okay, that is enough depressing stuff.  I'm going to go.  I have a few more things I need to do around the house before bed!

Too long and too tired!

This has been a very long day.  I just finished my workouts/stretches for today.  I didn't walk.  I have been gone since around noon and I got home at around 10 pm.  My TV decided to act up.  It won't turn on or off except with the button on the tv.  The remote won't work it.  The menu screen on the television is all wonky.  I got so frustrated, that I moved it to the other room and brought the old one back.  I'll mess with it again when I'm fresher and I am not so annoyed and irritated.  It worked just FINE yesterday. ~_~;

Anyway.  It's been a bad day all around so I'm closing for now.  I hope to have a cheerier post tomorrow.

Colors are fun!

I found a pretty colorful polka dot background so I change the colors of the blog again. I love it for the moment.  I'll probably be ready to change it in a few days. :p  For now, it's pretty and I like it!

I got in my walk, it was hot out there!  I got home and did my workouts.  I ate lunch and then did a few things I needed.  A friend brought me a nice 'new' television.  It's got a nice picture and the sound is great.  I was on my way to another friend's house when he came, so after he left, I headed out.

It was supposed to be a birthday dinner for my friend's mom.  The lady that usually comes with her was sick, so she wanted to wait until she could come too.  We'll just have the dinner another day.  I ended up staying for dinner.  There was grilled chicken and it was delicious.  There may have been cupcakes too. ^^;

So, I'm home now.  I have a few things to do and then I'm going to relax before bedtime.  I am so tired tonight.  I didn't sleep as well as I'd have liked last night.  I hope to make up for that tonight!

Wednesday means ....

Well, as usual, it means I go to Starbucks!  This week's trip was cut a bit short though. :(  I got there a little earlier than usual.  I was able to get my favorite chair from the start.  I got my drink and sat down and started writing letters.  I got four done and was starting on number five when a friend called.  They wanted me to drop by and eat some leftovers so they could clean out the fridge.  I went, even though I wasn't ready to leave Starbucks yet.  I got there and they had cupcakes! @_@; I may have had one.... or two. ^^;  I ran an errand for them and I also picked up my prescriptions while I was out.

I did get in my walk today.  It was HOT.  I came home from my walk and did my workouts.  I ate lunch and relaxed for a few minutes before going to Starbucks.  I finished the letter that I started over there.  I have all the letters all ready to go out in tomorrow's mail.  As soon as I post this, I'm going to relax until bedtime.  I want to play SpellTower. :)  It's this addictive game that I got some time back as a free app of the week at Starbucks.  I've had it on my iPod ever since.  Today, I bought the Android version.  Now I'll have it on my phone too!  It's so fun and it's so addicting.  I love word games!

No subject for this one

I got in a good walk today.  It was quite warm out there.  I knew I had to come home to the #1000squatchallenge  That was insane, but I did it.  There were only two workouts on today's calendar.  The squat one was 45 minutes long!  The other was a  cardio one that was less than 6 minutes.  I got both of them done and then ate lunch.  

After that, I did a few things I needed to do.  I was deciding what I was going to do for the rest of the evening. My friend texted and asked if I wanted to ride with him a bit later.  He just got a 'new' car.  I agreed, so he picked me up.  We drove over to Eden, NC.  It was almost 9 by that point.  He got us dinner at the Circle drive in.  Not healthy food, but delicious food!  We ate and then headed back.

He dropped me off and I came in.  I got one more letter today, so I have five letters for tomorrow's Starbucks visit.  If I get anymore tomorrow, it's going to be hard. :P Oh well, I'm always happy to get letters!  Hopefully I'll get even more new pals.

I forgot to mention that in between lunch and going out with my friend, I washed my hair.  The poor mess needed it!  The days it rained, I had to wear a cap, so it was sort of gross. :P  Anyway! I'll close for now.  I want to relax before bed.  I've been crashing earlier and earlier recently.  I just need to sleep for about two years.


So, I got in my walk today.  It was cloudy, then sunny, then cloudy, then sunny.  It couldn't make up it's mind.  At least it didn't rain at all!  I went to the post office and was happy to see mail in there.  I had four letters! Yay!  Now I'll have some letters to write on my Wednesday trip to Starbucks.  I was worried I wouldn't get any this week.

So, I get back from my walk.  I got here and did my workouts.  I ate lunch and then got a few things done. I had plans to go to a friend's house for the evening.  I ended up staying longer than planned!  I came home and started a load of clothes.  I took a bath, got out and washed dishes.  Now I'm just waiting for my clothes to dry so I can put those away.


Sunday is not a day of rest!

Not for me anyway!  I got in a great walk.  It was sunny and warm out there today.  Very nice for walking.  I came home and did three workouts.  I ate lunch, and did the last one.  I then decided that the grass was dry enough to mow.  I got the front lawn and part of the back done.  I only have one more part left. I'll do it later this week.  During all this, I also worked on washing and drying my bed linen.  I have those all done and  back on the bed!  I'm over 24,000 steps already today.  ^_^  That help make up for Friday when I didn't get my usual steps in.

Now, I don't know what to do!  I could go and finish the back lawn.  That would make the day complete and I wouldn't have to worry about it again for a while.  Hmm.... that is an idea.  I might just go do that.  I also might just veg out in front of the TV and watch Hulu. :p

UPDATE! I went out to start to mow the rest of the lawn.  I pulled the cord on the mower and it came off in my hand. ~_~; I was not amused.  I have had a lot of mower issues over the years, but this is one that has never happened!  I put the mower away and got out the weed eater.  Of course my power cords aren't very long, so I was only able to get part of the yard done that I wanted to do.  I would have done a little more, but it started to rain. Did I mention the weed eater is electric?  Did I also mention that there are a few places in the cords that need repair?  Yeah, I totally touched one and got a shock.  I am glad that happened though because it started raining not long after that.  I don't even want to think about it hitting a wet patch while I was holding it. YIKES!  

So, the lawn isn't completely done, but it's a little more done.  Also, as I was finishing up and the rain started, some debris flew up and hit me in  the eye. :(  I kept blinking and trying to get it to water.  By the time I got the weed eater and cord put away and came in and checked, it was at the corner of my eye so I was able to get it out.  What a day! :p