Fitbit Feed

One more post today....

It stormed this afternoon after I posted.  It was raining really hard and there was streak lightning.  It was great!  After the storm passed, I went for a walk on the beach.  I found some cool shells.  I came back and relaxed for awhile and then did my daily workouts.  As if that wasn't enough, I went for another walk on the beach! I played Pokemon Go as I walked and I got a lot of Pokemon. I have walked over 22,000 steps today.  I'm hoping I've tired myself out so that I can crash hard tonight.  I want to sleep!  

I am watching Forensic Files on HLN at the moment.  I'll watch it until I go to bed.  I've seen every one of the episodes that they've showed tonight.  Oh well. It's one of those shows that is so good, I don't mind watching it again.  

Wednesday fun!

What a day!  I am tired!  I've gotten in 35,000 steps and over 15 miles!  I walked from the hotel to the Sky Wheel.  I didn't ride on it today, though. I did go to the Gay Dolphin gift cove!  I thought they would have some iron on patches, but they didn't! :(  I guess I'll have to order some online.  I was sure I'd be able to find a Myrtle Beach one.  Oh well.  I'll keep looking.

I also went to a store called, I Love Sugar. :D  I got a box of mints with "Ann" on them and a package of Charm's candy.  I haven't seen Charm's in many, many years.  I just had to get them.  I visited two Starbucks that I passed along the way.  I was looking for gift cards that I don't have to add to my collection.  At one of the Starbucks, I found a really cool 2016 Chinese New Year - Year of the Monkey.  I'm a Monkey, so that was that much cooler! :)

I had walked over 8 miles before I found a working drink machine.  That was one delicious Coca Cola!  I finished my walk and came back to the room.  My friend and I went out later for dinner.  We ate at a local place that had good reviews.  It's called Burky's and it was great!  It's a burger/hot dog/fry place.  We went to a Target and to Tanger Outlet.  We also went to a local ice cream spot called Painters.  They are popular!  We had to wait in a long line, but they didn't take too long.

We came back here and I realized that I had 30,000 steps.  I thought that I would try for 35,000 for the day.  I made it! :)  I went for a walk on the beach.  That got me to the 35,000 mark. Actually, I'm 35,168 at the moment!  I'm charging the Fitbit now as it's battery is low.

I need to do another picture post, but I might wait until I get home and post them all to Flickr.  I might post some tomorrow if I can get to post before so late!  I am really tired and looking forward to going to bed tonight! :)

Sunday is not a day of rest!

Not for me anyway!  I got in a great walk.  It was sunny and warm out there today.  Very nice for walking.  I came home and did three workouts.  I ate lunch, and did the last one.  I then decided that the grass was dry enough to mow.  I got the front lawn and part of the back done.  I only have one more part left. I'll do it later this week.  During all this, I also worked on washing and drying my bed linen.  I have those all done and  back on the bed!  I'm over 24,000 steps already today.  ^_^  That help make up for Friday when I didn't get my usual steps in.

Now, I don't know what to do!  I could go and finish the back lawn.  That would make the day complete and I wouldn't have to worry about it again for a while.  Hmm.... that is an idea.  I might just go do that.  I also might just veg out in front of the TV and watch Hulu. :p

UPDATE! I went out to start to mow the rest of the lawn.  I pulled the cord on the mower and it came off in my hand. ~_~; I was not amused.  I have had a lot of mower issues over the years, but this is one that has never happened!  I put the mower away and got out the weed eater.  Of course my power cords aren't very long, so I was only able to get part of the yard done that I wanted to do.  I would have done a little more, but it started to rain. Did I mention the weed eater is electric?  Did I also mention that there are a few places in the cords that need repair?  Yeah, I totally touched one and got a shock.  I am glad that happened though because it started raining not long after that.  I don't even want to think about it hitting a wet patch while I was holding it. YIKES!  

So, the lawn isn't completely done, but it's a little more done.  Also, as I was finishing up and the rain started, some debris flew up and hit me in  the eye. :(  I kept blinking and trying to get it to water.  By the time I got the weed eater and cord put away and came in and checked, it was at the corner of my eye so I was able to get it out.  What a day! :p

Welcome May

So, it was raining when I got up today.  It was forecast to rain all day and then we were supposed to have really bad thunderstorms in the afternoon.  I decided not to walk.  I felt bad since I missed yesterday's too.  I'll be back in action tomorrow.  I have to!  I decided since the weather was so yucky, to just relax.  I was doing that when a friend called.  She wanted me to ride with her to to make a pick up and a return at two different stores.  I went with her and noticed something.  The sun was out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I was so pissed.  If I HAD walked, we would have gotten the storms and I would have gotten soaked!

I went back to her house and stayed for a bit and then came home and mowed my entire lawn.  At least that way I got in a walk and got some steps in!  I usually mow the lawn in parts.  I'll do some one day and then some another. Today, I just did the whole thing.  I needed the exercise.  I came in and cooled off a bit and did my workouts.  I have my bed linen in the dryer, so as soon as that gets done, I can make the bed back up.  I need to wash my hair, too.  

I'm sorry I didn't post a decent post yesterday.  I was upset because I didn't walk and I was gone from home almost the whole day. When I got home, all I wanted to do was crash and relax!  

OH! Something good did happen yesterday.  I received two Quest bars in the mail.  I've wanted to try them for a long time.  I saw a promotion recently that if you were one of the first 1000 people to fill out a request would receive two of their new formula bars.  Since I've always wanted to try them, I tried.  I was one of the first 1000! :)  

I received the Double Chocolate chunk bar and the Chocolate brownie bar.  I can't wait to try them.  I'll do a post about them when I try them.  I've seen some delicious looking flavors from them.  If I like these, I'm going to try more flavors.  They aren't really high in calories and they are full of good stuff!

So tired!

So, I got in my regular walk today.  I came home and did my workouts.  My friend called and asked if I wanted to go for a walk on the trail we found.  I did, so we did.  We walked four miles total.  I am at almost 30,000 steps for today on my Fitbit!  I will hit that before bed as I'm less than 300 steps from it.

Our walk was on the same trail, but we got on at a different point.  This has to be my favorite.  There was a bridge over a stream that was beautiful!  There was a lot of pretty trees and other things along the trail too.  Definitely my favorite part that we've been on so far.  Here are a few of the pictures that I took:







It's so pretty on this part of the trail.  It's going to be even prettier this fall! :)

Monday musings

So, I got in a great walk today.  It was 76° and sunny!  I only stopped once and that was at the post office.  I had two letters and a notecard.  One letter was from a regular pal, the other two things were from new pals. Yay!  I came home and did my workouts.  After those, I ate lunch.  Then, I realized that I couldn't put it off any longer.   I had to mow the lawn. NOOOOOO!  

I went to the gas station that is closest to me and tried to pump gas.  I got a message that said to use my card to come inside. NOPE.  I use pay at the pump so I don't have to go inside!  I pulled out and went to another station that is nearby.  I got a few gallons of gas for my car and filled up my gas container.  The pump picked the most expensive gas. ~_~;  The hose must have hit it.  I usually get the cheapest gas.  Not today!  

I finally had my gas, so I headed home.  I filled the mower and tried to start the mower.  It was being snarky and didn't want to start.  I finally got it to start.  I think it was just miffed because I haven't used it in months. :p  I mowed one part of the backyard.  I'll get the rest later this week.  This part is near the back of the house and it needed it badly.  The front that I used the weed eater on last week is looking a bit shaggy too.  Phooey!

Oh well, all that running around with the mower helped up my step count! I'm less than 100 steps from 23,000 so that is good. The rest of the evening I plan to relax.  I need a nice quiet evening!   


Today, I walked as usual.  It was quite warm today.  I'm already getting a tan! :p  The funny thing is, I'm a ginger.  We don't tan, we burn.  Since I walk everyday, I get a tan every summer now.  So weird, but it looks nice when I wear shorts! Plus I don't blind people with my whiteness! :P

I stopped by the post office.  I got two letters.  One from a service that links up people wanting pen pals with prisoners, and one about an inspirational newsletter where you can also get pals.I have several inmate pen pals from my online pen pal ads.  I really don't mind writing to inmates, but I don't think I want to write to a lot more.  I have four or five that I write now.  I love getting letters though, so who knows! I am not sure about the inspirational one.  She sends out a newsletter and puts ads for pals.  I don't know if the people who are subscribed to her newsletter and myself would be compatible as pals. I need more GEEK pals! LOL!  I have the one that I was matched with via Geek Girl pen pals and I can't wait to get her letter.  I already can tell she is going to be a fun pal.  If I could just get some more pals like her! Okay, enough penpal stuff!  

I did my workouts when I came home from my walk.  I did four of them and then ate lunch.  I did more one and then I sat down to relax a while.  I thought I'd type up today's post since I didn't yesterday.  I also didn't want to get too comfortable and not post! :)

Goodbye 2015!

So, tonight we bid adieu to 2015 and welcome in 2016.  I completed my day as I usually do.  I walked.  It didn't rain at all! :D  It was overcast, but the sun peeped out a few times.  Hopefully this front will move out and we will have clear days ahead.

After my walk, I came home and did three of my workouts. I had lunch and did the other two.  I had the 100 Burpee burnout on today's calendar. AUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol  I'm so glad tomorrow is stretch and relax day!

I was able to get a friend to carry me to the grocery store tonight.  I got only healthy things.  I am trying to start the year off right.  I got some limes, oranges, raspberries, almond milk, organic honey, granola, greek yogurt (for smoothies), and several other things that I can't remember at the moment.  I'll have lots of good things.  The best part? My friend bought a carton of Breyer's gelato.  I LOVE this stuff, but I didn't buy any! :D I'm excited to try and eat better in 2016.  

I did better in 2015 than I have in the past, but I need to really start eating as clean as possible.  I really want to make my goal weight this year.  It was one of my resolutions last year.  I didn't make it, but I did lose inches.  Also, I wanted to master a crow pose this year.  I haven't completely mastered it, but I did several today and didn't face plant on the floor. YAY! Now I'm going to relax for a bit and wait for the ball to drop.  It's tradition in my house.  My mom and I used to do it together every New Year's eve.   I've been doing it on my own since she has been gone.  It was our thing. :) Oh, forgot to add, I am almost at 25,000 steps for the day on my Fitbit.  I will get those last few steps as soon as I publish this!  

Rain and walking....

So today, I went on my walk.  When I started, it was overcast but not raining.  It looked like it would be a pretty good walk. Sometime along the way, it began to rain lightly.  This wasn't too bad.  I just used my umbrella and kept on.Unfortunately for me, it started to really rain HARD.  Even with the umbrella, I got soaked. :(  It was a miserable experience to walk like that.  My poor feet got the worse of it.  The rain was puddled in many places.  I finally got home and was so happy to take off my wet clothes and put on dry ones!  

I did two of my  Blogilates workouts, ate lunch, and then did the rest of them. After that, I decided to relax for a bit, so I did.  I ended up taking a hot bath to soothe my senses.  That was wonderful!  Tomorrow is supposed to be warm again. No rain is forecast for tomorrow. YAY!  I prefer walking in dry weather.  I guess I need a bigger umbrella.  Mine is a small one that I always carry.  It's okay for light rain, but it wasn't so great today!

I just checked my shoes and other things that I had with me on today's walk and everything is still damp. I hope that my shoes dry out before tomorrow!  Luckily, my phone and Fitbit didn't get wet.  The belt bag I keep them in got damp, but it didn't affect the inside of the bag where I keep those. Okay, that is enough of my rambling for today.  I wanted to get a post done before I crash with a book and enjoy the rest of my evening.