Food Feed

Saturday sabotage!

Okay, so maybe not that serious.  I got up and got ready for my walk today.  I heard a loud noise outside and thought to myself, what the heck was that!?  I looked out and didn't see anything so I turned around and then I noticed that the light was off.  I thought I had turned it on.  I looked around and noticed that none of my displays were lit.  Yup, something knocked the power out!

I went for my walk and hoped that it would be on when I got back. I wanted to get home, drink a cup of coffee and relax before doing my workouts.  The power was still out!  I texted a friend and he suggested we go eat since my power was out.  I couldn't fix coffee or do my workouts without power, so I said, yes!  We went to Reidsville, NC to a pizza place called Carmela's.  They have delicious pizza.  Afterwards, we wanted ice cream and I wanted coffee! LOL!  We went to the McDonald's.  He got ice cream and he got me one of their caramel macchiatos.  It wasn't bad!  

We came back to town and I came in and the lights were back. Yay!  I put my leftover pizza in the fridge and came to my room and did my workouts.  I got those done and then read some on Not Always Right.  I ate my leftovers for dinner and then did my NaNo for today. I got over 2000 words today and I am now past the 40,000 mark!  Yay!  All I have left to do is my French lesson on Duolingo and then I'm going to read with my Kindle until bed. ^_^

Weather woes

It was overcast again today and it was misting a bit, but I didn't have to use my umbrella for my walk.  I was glad of that.  It was cool out there and there were a lot of puddles I had to avoid.  I was glad when I got back to the house.  I got back in time to relax and drink a cup of coffee before my workouts.  I did those and was going to fix lunch, but a friend texted and wanted to go get pizza.  I don't say no to pizza, so I got ready and we went.  It wasn't as good as it usually is. I don't know what the difference was.  His was so bad, he didn't eat but one piece and a bite of the second!  They re-made his. Mine wasn't very good either, but I ate three slices of mine and didn't ask for a remake.  His really needed to be re-made as it was just gross.

I forgot to ask him to run me by Kmart to pick up my prescription, so I ran out and did it myself.  They are, unfortunately, one of the ones that are closing soon.  I'll have to get my prescriptions transferred somewhere else.  I hate that they are all going to lose their jobs and I hate the idea of starting over at a new pharmacy.  I really liked the staff there.  I also am going to miss the store itself. I love Kmart.  I wish they weren't closing.  Of course they are having sales and there were a ton of people in the store.  Fucking vultures.  If they'd shopped all the time, the store wouldn't be closing!

After I left there, I ran by Starbucks and got a cascara latte.  I had a free drink on my card, so I got a venti.  By the way, the next few days, the seasonal drinks are bogof from 2pm -5 pm!  I bet they will be busy!  If the weather hadn't been so nasty and I hadn't gone to dinner with my friend, I would have gone over there tonight and stayed awhile. Instead, I just hit the drivethru and headed home!

I came home and did a NaNo session.  I only wrote 1725 words today. That is the lowest of any day I've written!  Oh well, I'm still well ahead, so that isn't too bad.  I just wasn't feeling it tonight.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a burst of writing energy and I'll write like a crazy person!  I'm now over 20,000 words and it's only the 9th!  It was actually chilly enough today for me to get my heater out and put it in my room!  I was hoping I wouldn't have to use it until later.  Oh well!  It's on now and it's cozy in here.  After I finish this, I need to go put away a load of clothes that are in the dryer. I've already taken my walk, done my workouts, done my friend, done NaNo, and now I'm finishing my blog post.  I think I might retire to the bed with the Kindle and get some reading done. :)


So, I sat down to work on NaNo and I'm just not feeling it today.  I am in serious need of some writing time.  I did go back last night and wrote a lot more to what I had.  I'm over 11,000 words now.  I just don't know how to start today. I'm sort of at an impasse.  I will eventually get to it and get my word count for today done.  I'm just going to make myself.  I made myself a cup of coffee and drank it while re-reading yesterday's stuff.  I needed to read it to be able to continue today.  Today's writing will be part of that scene.  I just need to figure out how to start.

I was doing okay and about ready to start when a friend texted me.  Luckily, that didn't take too long.  He has something he needs to do tonight and wanted me to text him at a certain time so he could do it.  I set the alarm on my phone for that.  That will give me plenty of time to write.  Now, I just need to do that.  Ahh, can you tell I'm procrastinating?

I walked today and did my workouts.  It was warmer today than it's been the last few days.  Tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 50's again.  Today it was in the 70's!  The sun came out while I was walking too.  They are calling for rain tomorrow. I just hope it decides to wait until before or after my walk!  I can hope, right? :p

Anyway, I guess I better wrap this up.  I need to get to NaNo.  I just need a kick in the pants to get going.  If I hadn't gone to Starbucks yesterday, I would SO go tonight.  I am planning on going and writing at least one night during NaNo.  OH! Since I knew I would hit 10,000 words last night, I treated myself to a pizza from Pizza Hut.  I got a hand tossed pizza with white sauce and pepperoni.  I have half of it left for tonight's dinner and I've been resisting the temptation of it all day! LOL!  I should tell myself if I don't write at least 1700 words tonight, no pizza! :P


Out of coffee?!

Yeah, I have just enough left for a cup in the morning.  I didn't mean to run out.  This time when I buy coffee, I'm buying extra.  I don't want to run out.  I actually WOULD have run out this month, but I still had the filter packs from the beach trip.  I was able to open those and put them in with my coffee.  I am so glad I had those!  I keep saying I'm going to buy one of those ridiculously huge containers of coffee, I guess I will!  I have to go to the store tomorrow to get my groceries and I plan to stock up on coffee, creamer, and cheese. LOL!  Weird combo, yes?  I also plan to get all the other groceries I need.  

I will reload my Starbucks card with some money as I'm down to .25!  I also need to get a few household supplies and some gas for my car.  I'm going to do my regular morning routine, have breakfast, and then walk.  When I get back from my walk, I'll rest a bit and then go do all the things I need to do.  It is supposed to be around 80 tomorrow so it's going to be quite warm.  It was in the 70's today and it felt a lot warmer.

I sat down after lunch today and worked on my novel.  I did over 2000 words again today! I'm on a roll.  I have right over 5000 words done now.  At this pace, I'll be dune in a few weeks. :p  I'm sure there will be slow days, so I'm happy to have these days of extra.  It's insurance for later.

My workouts today only totaled 3, but those 3 were all pretty long and pretty hard!  I also got in my walk.  I am going to post this and then I'm going to relax a bit before bed.  I have already written my grocery list for tomorrow.  I created it by looking at the local ad and looking through my coupons.  I'm ready to go now! :p

Green lemon?!

So, I was talking to a friend tonight about French and different words.  I was telling him that lemon was citron in French and I kept meaning to look up lime to see what lime was.  I finally did once I got home and it's 'citron verte'  that is lemon green or green lemon.  So a lime is a green lemon in French. :P  I thought that was funny!

I got in my walk and workouts today.  I actually walked a little further today than I've walked in the last few days.  I still got home in time to relax a bit before my workouts.  I got those in and it was Total Terror.  That wasn't too bad.  I got those done and then did some yard work.  I texted a friend to tell him about that and he asked if I wanted to go to eat.  I always want to eat, so I said yes. :P  We did that and then I came back here.  I wanted to go to Starbucks, but I forgot to ask him to run me by there.  D'oh!  Oh well.  Maybe I'll make it this weekend.  I called my other friend to see if she wanted to go, but she was at the salon. 

I didn't get around to finishing my book last night so I didn't carry it to the library today.  Hopefully tonight I'll get finished.  It's not much of it left.   


Saturday and Starbucks....

I guess you can figure from the post title that I went to Starbucks today.  I hadn't planned to go, but I decided I wanted a latte.  I went and got a tall maple pecan latte.  It was really good, too!  I will try to not go again for at least a week. :p  I went and checked on my friend's house today and everything was okay up there.  I borrowed their van to make my Starbucks trip. :p

I really haven't done much of anything else today.  Well, that isn't exactly true.  I did my workouts and I took the pups outside many times.  It's just been sort of a blah day.  My dinner was extremely blah!  I bought a new frozen dinner the last time I went to the grocery store.  I tried it tonight and it was just so blah! lol  It was a new brand and it was teriyaki chicken.  It had brown rice in it.  That part was really good, but the rest wasn't much to talk about!  There was hardly any chicken in there.  Oh well.  Live and learn.  I only bought one package, so at least I don't have to worry about that!

Sunday suprises

So, I texted a friend to see if he wanted to do anything.  My car started acting up badly yesterday and I was afraid to drive it today.  I figured he'd say, nah, I don't want to do anything.  Instead, he said we could go to Aunt Millie's to eat.  Aunt Millie's has the best damn pizza.  It's so good!  I am glad I asked! LOL  So, I'm just waiting on him.  As soon as he comes, I'm going to go with him to Aunt Millie's and have some delicious pizza.  I might post again later.  I've already done today's workouts and finished today's French lesson. ^_^

So busy!

I've been really busy today.  I woke up at 8 am and it took a while to get back to bed.  I got up at my regular time and I felt like I should just stay in bed! LOL  I had stuff to do, so that wasn't an option.  I did my morning routine and then had breakfast.  I then went to get all my errands done. I realized it was the month to get my car inspected, so I had to add that to my do to list!

I went to get gas because my gas light was on and it was dinging at me! LOL  I almost filled up and then headed to CVS.  I needed to get something there and got $20 cash back so I didn't have to run by the bank.  I ran by Starbucks and went through the drive thru and got a cascara latte.  I then headed out to the inspection place.  He doesn't take checks or debit, so I always carry cash.  I got my inspection and then headed back to Food Lion.  I got a LOT of groceries.  I really went a little overboard, but I only got things I needed.  There was a promotion going on for every store brand item you get, you get .25 back.  I got a lot of store brand stuff, but I didn't get the discount.  I went back and asked and instead of giving me the coupon for another trip, they just refunded the amount of money it would have been.  Yay!  That was nice as I never have cash.

I came home and put all the groceries away.  I then did my workouts.  I rested a few minutes and then fixed lunch.  It was delicious.  Now, I'm just relaxing in front of the laptop. I paid all my bills online and I'm broke again.  Oh well, I have gas, food, and I'm bill free until next month!

Sailor Moon, Starbucks, and stuff....

So, I rode with a friend of mine to Greensboro today for her doctor's appointment.  Her son went too.  He has been watching Sailor Moon and it made me want to re-watch it.  I saw that it was on Hulu, so I have started over from the beginning.  The quality is so good.  I'm an old time fan from the fan sub days.  The quality of some of those tapes was SO BAD.  This is such a treat being able to watch it like this!  I am up to the episode before Ami-chan shows up.  I'm waiting on Rei because she is and always has been my favorite.  I'm enjoying watching it.  I had to figure out how to make the subtitles show on Hulu, but I did and now I'm good!

As for Starbucks, my friend who had to go to Greensboro asked me yesterday if I'd go.  I said yes, if I got to go to a Starbucks. LOL  I went to one I've been to before but it's been a long time.  I will be able to add it to my tracker.  They also had stickers!  The barista give me eight of them. :D  These are a lot smaller than the one I got at the beach and they are clear around the Siren.  I put four on my Macbook. :P  I'll use the others for bullet journalling.  Speaking of my bujo, I didn't get around to making my beach trip page last night.  I think I'm going to wait until I get some ink for my printer so I can put some of the pictures I took on my trip in there.  I think that would be cool.

While in Greensboro, we went to P.F. Chang's for lunch.  I had an email that had, 'buy one entree, get one free' so we did that.  I was broke, so that was the only way I could have eaten.  Well, she was going to get my lunch for going with her, but I told her about the deal I had to save her some money. ^_^ I told her since I saved her money on lunch she should have bought my Starbucks! LOL!

It was a full day.  I came home and watched some Night Court and then I looked for Sailor Moon and found it on Hulu.  They have all 200 episodes. I just hope they don't take them off before I can re-watch the entire show.  It's been a lot of years since I've seen it all.  It's still good, but there are some things that annoy me.  They translate Mamo saying "bun head" instead of "dumpling head".  Dumpling head just sounds better! LOL  Other than that, it's been great.  I know the translations are going to be different as the ones I watched were all fan done.  The quality of the episodes makes up for it.  After I finish the original Sailor Moon, I'll watch Crystal!

BTW, here is a picture of my Macbook with all it's goodies!


Friday evening....

Wow, what a day.  I walked on the beach this morning and got splashed by some waves.  I had to come back and put my shorts out to dry. lol  Later, I went walking to 17.  I went to Bargain Beachwear to get a few postcards.  I also got a keychain.  I headed further down 17 and then turned and headed back to Ocean Boulevard.  I got part of the way back and then took my shoes off and walked on the beach back to the hotel.  I came back and relaxed on the balcony a bit.  My friend and I went to North Myrtle Beach.  We went to Tuesday Morning and I got three more rolls of the washi that I liked so much.  I also found some other goodies.  A package of Halloween stickers and some craft tiny clothespins.  After leaving there, we headed to King's Famous Pizza for dinner.  That was delicious as always!

Since we were right near the Goodwill, we went there.  I got a MB shirt and a package of full page labels.  I can use them to make my own stickers at home. YAY!  There were twenty left in the box.  I'm pretty sure when you buy a small package of them, they come ten to the pack and they are over $10 a pack!  Crazy!  These were $1 Yes!  We went to the Dollar General that is next door to the Goodwill and got a few things and then headed back down the strip.  There was another Starbucks that I hadn't been to yet, so he swung by there and I went in and got myself a latte. :D  He wanted ice cream, so he stopped at Burky's.  We've eaten at Burky's before.  It's pretty good.  He got ice cream and then we headed down to the road where Market Common was.  We had seen the sign before and looked for it but didn't find it.  We found it tonight!  It was late, so most everything was closed, but at least we found it. :P  It has a lot of high end stores, it seems.

So we then headed back towards the room.  We saw a miniature golf place that looked pretty cool.  We went and one sign said they closed at 10:30, the sign on the building said 11.  The lady said they closed at 10!  It was about 9:32 by then, so we didn't get to play.  Phooey! We headed back here and I did my workouts.  I'm posting this and then I'm going to take my nightly beach walk.  I'm really tired, but I still want to at least walk a little bit. ^_^