Goodies Feed

Back on track

With my internet back, I got back on track today.  I got up and after breakfast, I went for my walk.  I got back from it and had time to relax with a cup of coffee before doing my workouts.  I did those and then played some Pocket Camp  before fixing lunch.  After lunch, I played more Pocket Camp and then worked on straightening up an area of my room that needed it. It's all done and looks so much better!  I wanted to do that.  It's an area that doesn't get used a lot, so it gets cluttered and dusty.  I got rid of the clutter, organized everything, dusted, and swept.  It's nice now.

I was relaxing after that and playing more Pocket Camp when my friend texted and asked if I want to go eat.  I did, so we did.  After we ate, we went to Ollie's and he got some things he needed.  He got me a paper cutter.  I found one that was only twenty dollars.  I was happy.  I've been wanting one like this.  I also got a journal.  I didn't need another journal, but this one is actual graph paper and it's blue with a pencil on the front. Here is my haul from Ollies:


I have the new bigger cutter on my craft cart with my smaller cutter and some sharpies. ^_^ It will be much easier to cut larger stacks of paper with this cutter than my little one.  I've wanted one for a while now and I was happy to see this one in Ollie's!

Friday evening....

Wow, what a day.  I walked on the beach this morning and got splashed by some waves.  I had to come back and put my shorts out to dry. lol  Later, I went walking to 17.  I went to Bargain Beachwear to get a few postcards.  I also got a keychain.  I headed further down 17 and then turned and headed back to Ocean Boulevard.  I got part of the way back and then took my shoes off and walked on the beach back to the hotel.  I came back and relaxed on the balcony a bit.  My friend and I went to North Myrtle Beach.  We went to Tuesday Morning and I got three more rolls of the washi that I liked so much.  I also found some other goodies.  A package of Halloween stickers and some craft tiny clothespins.  After leaving there, we headed to King's Famous Pizza for dinner.  That was delicious as always!

Since we were right near the Goodwill, we went there.  I got a MB shirt and a package of full page labels.  I can use them to make my own stickers at home. YAY!  There were twenty left in the box.  I'm pretty sure when you buy a small package of them, they come ten to the pack and they are over $10 a pack!  Crazy!  These were $1 Yes!  We went to the Dollar General that is next door to the Goodwill and got a few things and then headed back down the strip.  There was another Starbucks that I hadn't been to yet, so he swung by there and I went in and got myself a latte. :D  He wanted ice cream, so he stopped at Burky's.  We've eaten at Burky's before.  It's pretty good.  He got ice cream and then we headed down to the road where Market Common was.  We had seen the sign before and looked for it but didn't find it.  We found it tonight!  It was late, so most everything was closed, but at least we found it. :P  It has a lot of high end stores, it seems.

So we then headed back towards the room.  We saw a miniature golf place that looked pretty cool.  We went and one sign said they closed at 10:30, the sign on the building said 11.  The lady said they closed at 10!  It was about 9:32 by then, so we didn't get to play.  Phooey! We headed back here and I did my workouts.  I'm posting this and then I'm going to take my nightly beach walk.  I'm really tired, but I still want to at least walk a little bit. ^_^ 

Friday fun!

Yeah, I actually had a pretty decent day today!  My friend that bailed on my birthday, made up for it today!  She, her hubby, and myself went to Greensboro, North Carolina.  I had a free meal at P.F. Chang's.  It was buy an entree, and get one free.  I asked my friend and her husband if they wanted to go, and they did!  I got a delicious meal of chicken lo mein. It's my favorite thing to order there.  

My friend and I went to Ulta so I could get my free birthday gift.  It was a eye shadow palette valued at $18!  I don't really wear makeup, but if I do, these are my colors, so that is good.  Hubby went to Sur la Table.  We all met back up and went to Battleground avenue.  We went to a Starbucks there.  I'd never been to this particular Starbucks, so that was pretty cool!  The baristas were really nice and friendly, I got a cascara latte, of course!  I was in a star dash, I needed to buy a latte, a frappuccino, and a tea to get 150 stars.  I don't drink tea at all, so that was going to be a problem.  I asked my friends if they would like one or the other.  My friend wanted a frappuccino and her husband wanted tea. I got them to put the money on my card and buy them with that.  I was able to complete the star dash. YAY!  I was happy.  I got a delicious drink, extra stars, and I got to put a new Starbucks location in my tracker. ^_^

We left Greensboro and then came back to town.  Her son wanted to go get something to eat and wash his car, so she and I rode with him to do that. I visited for a while when we got back and then I came home. I did my stretches and now I'm just catching up on my blog and relaxing.  I'm going to crash before too much longer.  It was a good day, but it was also a long one and I'm tired.  Oh! I got to try cotton candy grapes today.  They are AMAZING. Sooooooooooooo good!


Oh the temptation was strong today to go to Starbucks, but I fought the urge.  I will go tomorrow.  I have to, I wrote it in my bullet journal. :p  I Finally got my package today with my passport sized traveler's notebook and my washi and pen.  All are nice.  I'll share a picture later.  I also reworked my regular size TN today.  Both are looking great! 

The wash is mainly purple themed and it's pretty!  The rolls were a lot smaller than I was expecting, but they are still really pretty.  I love actual washi from Asian countries as it's good quality washi.  The butterfly washi and the moon phases washi from the latest set is my favorite.  So pretty!  I really didn't need more washi, but oh well. :P Here is a picture of the beautiful washi if you want to see:


The pen is nice, but it's a ultra fine point ink pen.  I like medium point pens.  This is a bit 'sharper' than I like, but it's a cool pen. It's Tombow brand and it's got black ink and red ink.  I didn't know Tombow made regular pens!

Can I go to bed now?!

It has been a really long day.  I did my workouts earlier, and then I was relaxing for a bit.  I knew I would be going to my friend's house to pick up their pooches.  I'm dog sitting until Wednesday.  They leave in the morning for Wilmington NC.  I am going to taking care of a mini Dachshund and a terrier mix.  They are both cutie pies.  At the moment, they are both asleep.  Shhh :P

My friend, that I am dog sitting for, took me by Starbucks earlier today.  I told her if I was keeping the pups for four days that I needed Starbucks! LOL  I got my wish.  She ran me over there and I got a cascara latte. <3  So delicious. I also got a chocolate chip cookie. :p  I still haven't eaten that.  I'm going to eat it after I post this.  Yum! 

I am going to crash before too much longer.  I'm not going to bed yet, but I am going to relax.  I didn't get to sleep until late last night, so I hope to make up for that today.  I need to get an early start in case the pups decide they want to wake me up! :P


Monday and a new camera!

My friend and I got to walk today.  As we were heading for the trail, he showed me his new digital camera.  Then, he asks me if I know what is different about this one from all his others. I didn't.  It's mine! :D  He gave me a cool Fuji digital camera with 30X zoom.  I can't wait to use it at the beach. :)  I took a few test pictures tonight and I'll take more tomorrow.  Here is one from tonight:


Not very exciting, but there you go. :p

Wednesday post time!

I got in my walk today and it was a little bit cooler.  Not much, but enough to help.  I actually slept until my silent alarm on my Fitbit went off.  I went on my walk about an hour earlier than my usual time.  I came home and took my time doing my workouts.  I was able to take a few minutes between them.  That was nice.  I like having the time to relax a bit and not be in a rush.  Sometimes the internet is spotty and the videos don't want to load.  I did that a few times today, but I had the extra time, so I didn't mind.

I got those done. It was core and cardio day. OUCH!  I ate lunch and then got my things together for Starbucks.  I relaxed a little while and then headed over there.  I was able to get my favorite chair immediately.  I had six letters to write and I got them all done.  I was looking forward to playing Pokemon Go while there too, but the servers were down for most of my visit.  They didn't come up until near the end.  I ended up staying a bit longer than I planned.  I almost forgot that I needed to go pick up my prescription at Kmart.  I would have walked there on one of my walks, but they are doing road construction in front of it and it's a mess.  I didn't want to get run over!

I got my prescription and headed home.  I posted to Letters and Lattes and then came here to post.  Now, I'm going to relax for a while before getting in bed and relaxing for the night.  I am hoping to get some reading done tonight. 

Well then....

Yeah, I know.  I haven't posted in days.  Today's walk was so extremely hot.  I came home and did my workouts, ate lunch, and then rested.  Well, only for a few minutes!  A friend came down and got the majority of the front lawn done with their riding lawn mower.  I got out there with the weeder and got the parts they couldn't do.  It took me a lot longer than it should have and when I came in, I looked like I had been in a sprinkler.  I was soaked to the skin with sweat. Yuck!  I needed to do more of the yard, but I was so tired and hot, that I knew I needed to stop and rest.  Plus, it looked like a storm was coming up.  It's getting darker out there now as I type this.  I keep hearing rumbles of thunder.  If I don't get the rest done tonight, I'm not going to worry about it too much.  The front is done and that is what matters.

While I was doing the front, a vehicle pulled up and this guy got out and started talking to me.  I gave him a look!  Turns out, he was a police officer. LOL~  I told him, "I was wondering why weirdos were pulling up in front of my yard." He was really nice and asked a few questions about some things in the neighborhood.  After he left, I finished my weeding.  I thought when they pulled up that they were visiting my stupid neighbors next door.  People go visit them all the time and park in front of my house instead of theirs.  

Anyway!  I am sorry I haven't posted in days.  I just haven't had the energy to get on the computer.  I mean to post everyday.  Sometimes that doesn't happen.  I got two more patches for my messenger bag.  I rearranged the patches on there last night and put on the new ones.  It looks pretty cool.  I posted a picture of it at Letter and Lattes but I'll share it here too:


I'm really loving all the patches.  I might add more in the future.  We'll see how that goes.

July 4th

Yes, I know. I didn't post yesterday.  I was just too tired.  The pups are back with their peeps now, so maybe I can catch up on some sleep and catch up on everything else!  I didn't sleep well when they were here.  A full bed is too small for me and two pups! :p  Plus they like to lie in weird spots so that when I try to roll over I have to be a contortionist! It will be nice to have my bed back to myself tonight.

I was so out of it today.  I got in my walk and my workouts okay.  My friends said they'd be home before too long, so I went up there to greet them with the pups.  I ended up staying a while even though I had planned to come right home.  I said something that was totally 'weird' and my friend was like... you MUST be tired. LOL!  I was.  After I left their house, I came home and decided to run a few errands.  

I didn't realize everything would close early for the 4th.  It's July 4th, not Christmas!  I ended up going to Dollar Tree.  They had a letter opener that I meant to buy the other day when I was in there.  I also picked up some envelopes and other things for pen palling.  I found this adorable little green note cards with matching envelopes.  When I got home, I realized that they didn't ring up $1.00, they rang up as .01!  Pretty good deal on note cards and they are really cute. I also found a blue stamp pad.  OH! And two composition books with Corgi pups on them. :)  I had to have those just for the Corgis. 

I realized after I had left, that I didn't get any Benadryl.  I was just going to get some generic since it works just as well.  I went to Dollar General on my way home and got some.  They had it for $1.00 too.  I dyed my hair the other day and I'm having a bit of a allergic reaction, so I'm going to take a couple of the generic Benadryls before bed.  Hopefully they'll help.  I am hoping they also zonk me out.  I desperately need a good night's sleep!  Hopefully I'll be back to normal tomorrow.

Pink on Wednesday? Of course!

Yes, I wear pink on Wednesdays! :p  I got in my walk today and it was hot.  It wasn't as bad as it was yesterday though, so that was nice.  I didn't get any mail, though.  That sucked!  I got my walk done on time, too!  I came home and did four workouts.  I ate and did one last one.  I got my things together and went to Starbucks for my weekly thing.

I was able to get my favorite chair immediately! YAY!  There was an older gentleman in the other comfy chair.  I asked if he minded if I took the other and he said not at all. ^_^  I wrote all my letters and then relaxed for the rest of the time.  I only had five pen pal letters and one letter to my friend that I write often.  After that, my hand was cramped!  I caught up on my Insta feed on my phone.  I follow so many people, if I don't check it at least once a day it takes forever to get caught up!

I retired my Ryka shoes after today's walk.  The lining on the inside back has worn off and the plastic underneath was rubbing my foot.  I put a tissue in my sock to cushion it so I wouldn't get a blister.  The bottoms are still in great shape.  They really held up well.  Six months and almost two weeks.  Not bad at all!  I have a pair of New Balance that I got at the beach that I will wear tomorrow.  They are so pretty!  Light blue.  I'll be posting a picture to my Insta after this if you want to see them.

I finished The Gunslinger last night. I didn't immediately start The Drawing of Three although I wanted to.  I felt sleep would be a good idea! :p  I will probably start on it tonight.  I