Wednesday used to be for Starbucks.

Yes, it could be again if I could just get my car back on the road!  I wanted to go today and I tried to talk my friend into going but it was a no go.  I don't know why I even bother.  She never wants to do anything or carry me anywhere I need to go.  I guarantee if she needed something, she'd ask me.  So annoying.   I need to find some new friends.

I walked today and it wasn't as hot as it was yesterday, so that was nice.  I wish it would stay cooler.  It wasn't cold at all, but it wasn't so steamy and that was nice.  I don't like walking in extreme heat.  It makes it so much harder.  I was naughty today and didn't do my workouts. I still might do them, but I'm not planning on it at the moment. :p . We'll see.  I don't really like missing them, but it doesn't hurt to skip a day every now and then.  I haven't been sleeping well, so I'm always tired all day long.  As soon as it's time for bed though, wide awake! Phooey!

Well phooey!

I moved my car today and went for my walk.  My friend said he'd come today and work on the brakes.  I got home from my walk and my car was still in the same spot.  I went in and cooled down and then did my workouts.  I had lunch and still nothing.  I waited quite awhile after that and then texted him.  He wasn't coming. ~_~; I moved the car back to it's usual spot.  I really wanted to get that done so I could go out tomorrow.  I really need to go to the recycle center.  I have way too much stuff to walk to the recycle center.  It would take a lot of trips.  Phooey!  Hopefully it will get fixed one day.  I'm not holding my breath.

I mailed 11 letters on today's walk. I didn't write the last one I have. I'll do it tomorrow.  Actually.  I was thinking that if my car had been 'fixed', I would take it and the MBP to Starbucks.  Sadly none of that happened.  It will probably be next weekend before he says anything about coming again and then he might bail on me like he did today.  I really want to be able to get in my car and go places.  Sheesh!


So, I decided enough was enough and contacted ebay today.  They said they'd let the seller know and if I didn't hear anything from them in four business days they would get this settled.  Guess what got picked up by FedEx this afternoon?  Yes, a week after they created the label and saying they had shipped it, they turned it over to FedEx!  Expedited shipping. UGH!  So, it is finally in FedEx hands.  It says it should be here Tuesday.  I wish they could get it here faster, but I guess I should be happy I'm getting it at all at this point!

I got in my walk today and it was so damn hot.  After my walk, it clouded up a lot and then it rained for a bit.  That cooled things down considerably and it's supposed to be a lot cooler tomorrow than it was today.  I say, GOOD!  I will enjoy that.  I just hope it doesn't rain. :p  

The past three days I've been so sleepy all day to lack of sleep.  As soon as I lie down to sleep, BOOM, wide awake. UGH!  Hopefully tonight I'll be able to go to bed at a good time. This not being able to sleep until 4am is getting old!  

Cool extras are nice!

So, still no word on my MBP even being on the way. ~_~;  I am so frustrated!  I did get the correct cover for it today, though.  It actually came with two of the keyboard covers.  They fit my Macbook, so since they sent two, I am using one on my Macbook.  The keyboard must have the exact same layout.  Cool! I like the blue, it looks nice with my white Macbook.  It will also help protect the keyboard.

The snap on case is quite pretty and it's nice and sturdy.  I just wish my MBP would get here so I can put it on it.  According to the listing on the MBP, today was the day it was estimated to be delivered.  I don't think I'm ever going to get it at this point.  I contacted the seller today, but I haven't heard anything yet.  I'd even pay for overnight shipping if I knew I could get it tomorrow!  I'm so upset.  Don't put 'expedited shipping' on your item and then not follow through!


Not my day, again

Well, if I had slept worth a damn last night it might have been better, but I didn't.  I went to bed and woke up in no time.  I tossed and turned for hours until I finally got back to sleep.  Then I didn't sleep very well and was exhausted when my Fitbit alarm went off.  I got up to do my regular stuff anyway.  I got dressed and then decided that nope, I was not going out in that heat.  I stayed in.  I have a little exercise trampoline and I got on it several times to get in some steps.  I also loaded my lawn mower up and took it to my friend's house and mowed his grass.  He needed it done and hasn't gotten around to it.  I decided to do it, so I did.

That was hot work.  My car got me there and back. I wouldn't have attempted it at all, but his house isn't too far from my house.  I came home and had to re-dress as being in my car after all that was horrible.  I have no air in my car.  I decided after that to stay in my house!  I've been sitting in my room with the air and the fan going.

I finally got around to doing my workouts and today's squats.  I still have to get in a few steps if I want to hit my usual goal point.  I try to get 15,000 steps at the very least.  I'm very close to that now.  I would like to get more, but as long as i get those, I'll be happy.  I just hope I can sleep tonight.  

So stressed!

UGH.  Well, I was having a decent day but everything seems to want to work against that.  My walk was HOT.  It was close to 100 out there and probably felt like 125!  I got my walk in though and made it home without dying.  I did my workouts and my French.  I had a small lunch because I was still feeling the effects of the heat.  My friend texted me and asked if I'd like to eat. I did so we did.  That was okay, but it wasn't as good as it usually is.

I came home and talked to a friend.  They have five, count them five working vehicles.  My friend just got a brand new car.  She had just gotten a new car a year or less ago.  She was letting her husband use her older car since his van has a lot of issues.  He was wanting to give or sell me the van cheaply.  I don't want a van, but it runs.  Well, they got in a big fight and now my friend took the car back and now he has to go back to his van and I'm shit out of luck.  I was looking forward to possibly being able to drive again.

But you've been driving your car! You say.  So I have, but it's been getting worse and worse.  Yesterday when I drove it to pick up some water, it didn't want to go in reverse!  I'm a bit afraid to drive it anymore. :(  I don't know what to do. I guess I'm back to walking everywhere to get the things I need.  Just what I need.  Let me carry a bunch of groceries home in this heat. UGH!  I swear I'm so close to just giving up. 

Beach trip denied?

Well, it's possible!  My friend told me today that our trip to Myrtle Beach later this month may have to be cancelled.  I'm not really very happy about that.  Hopefully things will work out.  

In other news, I'm so behind on writing pen pal letters, but I am really not in the mood tonight to write them.  I hope to get them all done tomorrow.  All eleven of them. @_@; 


I want to go to bed. I also want to eat.  I think I'll just get in bed and read.  I don't know.  It's been one of those days!  I had to run an errand downtown, so I stopped by the post office.  I had five letters.  This is good, but I haven't replied to the ones I had already. ^^;  AND  I had two yellow slips in my box that I need to go to counter for.  The counter is only open until 3pm.  I'll have to make another trip tomorrow and hope my poor old broken down car makes it!

I SHOULD get my replacement part for my Fitbit tomorrow.  I hope so.  I am hoping to find it tracks better. 

Thrifting and walking and food, oh my!

So, I got in my regular walk today. I stopped at CVS and got a book of stamps before heading home.  I didn't do my workouts after I got home as usual.  Instead, I went to the grocery store.  I spent more than I planned, but I got a lot of goodies.  I came home and put those away.  My friend wanted to eat and walk again!  I was surprised because he was pretty tired last night. :p

We rode to Eden NC to a trail over there.  First we ate at a little pizza place called Stella's pizza. It was quite good.  They are really just take out/delivery, but they had one booth inside and we ate in.  It was some damn good pizza!  After that, we headed to Goodwill so we wouldn't miss it before they closed.  I found a brand new pack of Staedler colored pencils for .49!  I also found a restaurant notebook, some assorted stationery, and a few other things.  The notebook is cool. You can keep track of restaurants you visit.  The stationery was some envelopes, some cute little cards and various other things.  Perfect for a pen pal person!  I also found a Fossil brand black leather purse. It's so nice and I paid a whole 1.49 for it! Yes, ONE DOLLAR and forty nine cents! WHOO!  I love a good bargain.  I also got a vintage candle trimmer thing.  You use it on the bottom of a candle so it will fit in a candle holder.  I also got a nice new wallet with the $35 price tag still on it for $2.  And, I found a Weight Watchers kit.  It's got two books on the point system and a little journal.  It's pretty cool.  Those things are really expensive brand new and I didn't have to join WW! LOL

All in all, it was a good trip to Goodwill.  After that, we went to the trail.  Almost this time last year, a tornado went through that trail and there was a lot of damage to trees.  They have a plaque about it.  The trail was re-directed at one point from the original trail!  We got through walking and headed back.

I got home and did my workouts. It was stretch day and it felt so good to stretch!  I am now going to relax until bed time as I'm extremely tired.  I need to catch up my receipts from today in my checkbook and see how much damage I did! :P  OH! I also received in the mail today my very first coffee grinder.  I got some whole bean coffee at the grocery store.  I am still working on making the perfect cup.  I made my first cup tonight and it was pretty good, but I want to experiment and see what I can come up with.  The grinder is easy to use and makes the kitchen smell good!

More Fitbit woes!

Seriously!  Today, I tracked my walk as I usually do with the Fitbit.  Well, it wouldn't connect to my phone to do the tracking.  I don't know why it wouldn't connect.  Also, when I've synced it various times today it's been bitchy too. :(  I think I'm going to have to get another replacement.  It's so frustrating!  I really love this device.  I want it to track my steps correctly and connect to my phone.

In other news, I started sleep in the Fitbit app itself last night and that did the trick!  I started sleep in the app, and then when I got up today, I clicked 'I'm awake' and then synced the tracker and that worked fine!  I put the Fitbit app on my ipod touch since I always turn my phone off when I'm sleeping.  Now if I can get the steps and syncing fixed, I'll be a happy camper!