Bacon Feed

Friday feast

The two times I went out with my friend to eat, he has wanted breakfast food.  On Monday, no restaurant that does breakfast all day was open.  Wednesday, the place that does told us they were closed when we got there!  They don't usually close until 8, so I don't know what was up with that!  So, today, he said we would try this long time restaurant that neither of us has ever tried.  It's out past where he works, so he was a lot closer to it than me, so I met him there.

We got some delicious food.  We both got a sampler platter. It has toast, one pancake, two eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, and country ham.  One side of your choice and your drink is included!  I got hash browns as my side and they were delicious.  I traded my friend my pancake for his toast. Oh and for some reason, they gave him hash browns even though he'd ordered sausage gravy as his side.  I got his hash browns. Yum!  We ate several hours ago and I am still stuffed. It was delicious.  

I had thought about going to Starbucks today, but I was so stuffed after eating, that I just decided to come home.  They are open for several more hours, but I am not sure I want to go out again tonight.  We'll see.  I wanted to get the rest of the Valentine Starbucks cards to add to my collection. I figured they'll send them back tomorrow.  I'm not sure if they'll still be there then.  I know I can always get a set on ebay, but if I go myself, I can get them free.  As of right now, I'm not moving anytime soon, but that could change before 10:30 when they close.  Who knows?

I finished the puzzle. It's so pretty, I love trains and I love nature so this was a good puzzle to pick out.  Here is the completed puzzle.


Tuesday at the beach.

I'm up early.  Phooey.  I got woken up and now I'm up for the day.  I figured I'd go ahead and do a blog post.  I'm still half asleep, so bear with me. lol I am drinking my first cup of coffee, so that might help.

We went out last night and headed to Murrill's Inlet to the Dead Dog Saloon.  The food was excellent as usual!  I got my regular grilled chicken sandwich.  I add provolone, bacon, and bbq sauce to it.  So yum!  They bring you hush puppies to eat while you wait for your food and they are delicious too.  After we left there, we went to Food Lion and picked up a few things for the room.I went for a nice walk on the beach and played Pokemon Go for a bit.  I came back and watched Forensic Files until I tried to go to bed.  I'm hoping for a full 8 hours sleep tonight.  I doubt I'll get it, but it would be lovely!

I'm probably going to walk to the Pavilion area today.  I'm not sure yet.  It depends on just how hot it is out there.  I want to go to the Gay Dolphin and I'd also like to go to the Starbucks that is up that way.  I still haven't made it to a Starbucks while here. Ahhhh!

Car troubles on a Sunday....

Well, technically I've been having car troubles for over two years now.  They are just worse today.  I had to run to the grocery store to pick up a few items that I needed.  It took awhile, but I finally got my car to start.  It's acting up worse than usual, so it didn't want to drive down to the grocery store. I got it there, though.  I debated on leaving it running, but I was afraid it would overheat. I turned it off and went in and got my groceries.  In line, I was freaking out beaause my keys weren't in my purse.  I thought I was going to have to call a friend to come get me, carry me home to get my spare keys and come back.  Scratch that.  The spare key was in my car as I had thought about leaving it running!  Luckily for me, I put my keys in the hand basket I was using so I was able to check out and got out to my car with no issues.  It started up fine and I was able to get home with no issues.  I was so happy!  I need to sit down and write pen pal lettters as I'm behind because of my beach trip.  I hope to get those done today and somehow get to the post office tomorrow to mail them and check my box for any new ones.  I might type up this batch.  I hate to send typed letters, but sometimes it's the easiest when I'm so behind!  Plus, I want to get them done so I can get them out. :)

OH! I have been using my Macbook since the beach trip and I noticed that my zero key doesn't work. Luckily there is a work around.  I can pull up an on screen keyboard and get it that way. Thank you Google! :D 

One more thing.  Did I mention that I got BACON at the store? I love me some bacon.  Bacon is life, bacon is good. lol

Saturday already?!!

I can't believe that it's Saturday and my last full day here.  I'm going to miss waking up and sitting on my bed looking out at the beautiful ocean view!  I don't want to go home at all!  It's another gorgeous day here, too.  I think we are going to hit a breakfast buffet today.  After that, I'm coming back here to relax and enjoy my last day here.  My friend is going to a few places he wants to go that I don't really care about.  I'll enjoy a day of just relaxing in the room.  We'll probably hit the beach this afternoon as we didn't go down yesterday.  We did take our nightly walk on the beach, though.

As for walking, I did a lot yesterday.  I walked to 17 to a few stores and then came back here.  I stayed in the room a bit and then decided to go to the Pavilion area again.  I went to Bargain Beachwear and got yet another hoodie. :P  I went to I Love Sugar and got some candy.  I walked back and was happy to relax until we went out to dinner!  I was so tired after all that.  I played Pokemon Go while I was out and I actually caught four new ones.  Yeah!  That was cool.  

As of right now, I'm drinking some delicious coffee and waiting on my friend to get up and get ready to go to breakfast.  I am ready for all you can eat BACON! LOL

Thursday at the beach!

So, today, I decided I would get in my steps, but not 35,000 of them! :p  I got in my usual 21,000.  I took a walk earlier and went out onto Highway 17 and hit Bargain Beachwear, Eagles, Wings, Rite Aid, and... I think that is all?  I had thought about walking to Apache pier, but I thought I'd save it for tomorrow.  Oh, I went to CVS too.  I thought about eating lunch at Jimmyz, but I didn't.  

I had leftover pizza from last night.  We ordered pizza after midnight last night!  Yeah, we did! :p  It was delicious too!  I spent some time on the balcony and then spent some time on the roof in a lounge chair.  I came back to the room for a bit and then decided to go to the Starbucks that is here at the resort and write some pen pal letters.  It wasn't the regular day, or the regular Starbucks, but it was nice!  I got my tall vanilla latte with  caramel.  After writing my letters I headed back to the room.  

My friend and I went out a bit later and for dinner.  We headed to Murrell's Inlet to the Dead Dog Saloon restaurant.  So delicious!  We were seated on the outside deck.  My favorite place to sit when we were there!  I got my usual, a grilled chicken sandwich with bbq sauce, cheese, and bacon.  So good!  After we left there, we found a Krispy Kreme and picked up a dozen donuts! :D  The hot light was on. :p

We came back here and I went out to walk on the beach a little bit so that I could get in the rest of my steps.  I got them and now I'm posting before showering before bed.  I might skip the shower and just go to bed! I need to get a good night's sleep.  I haven't had one in quite a while!

I will do a picture post soon.  I promise.  If not before I leave here, I'll do one after I get home.  By the way, I have been Snapchatting while here!  I'm AnnDroidGirl there too!

Thursday oopsies!

So, I got up today and I was relaxing a bit before breakfast.  A friend called and said her son's 10 page paper that was due today disappeared from his computer!  While I was talking to her, he beeped in. :P  I talked to him for a bit and then ended up going to their house to look for the lost file.  I looked everywhere.  I used disk recovery tools and everything.  Nothing! It's like the file never existed.  It was so weird! I ate breakfast up there.  Cupcakes and bacon. ^^;  By the time I finally gave up, it was too late for my walk.  It was raining steadily all day too.  I came home and grabbed my purse and went out to get errands done.  I got all the things done that I needed to do. 

I got some groceries. I'll get the main portion of them this weekend.  I went to Target to the Starbucks there because when I went by there this weekend, I found a beautiful mug that I had to have.  I didn't see it and was getting disappointed.  I decided to at least ask.  I stood in line and asked the Barista if they had anymore drinkware or if what they had out was all they had.  I told her there was a spring mug that was there the other day.  She said, "Teal and white?"  "Yes!"  I said.  She had one in the back! YAY!  She went back and got it for me.  I bought it.  It's so pretty!  It will be my at home cup for everything.

I went a few more places that I needed to go to and then headed home.  I put in a huge load of clothes to wash.  I bought detergent while I was out.  I was totally out of detergent and my clothes were piling up!  Those are still drying.  It was a really big load. Oops!

I went to my friend's house.  The teacher got back to her son and said he could turn in the stuff on Monday, so he can just re-do it over the weekend! YAY!  I stayed for dinner.  Delicious homemade potato soup.  I then came home and did my workouts.  Now I just need to get my clothes dried and put away and I'm done for today!  I didn't like missing my walk, but I got a lot of running done that I needed to do, so that wasn't too bad.  

Beach Trip, Day Seven

Last day! Oh no! :(  Yes, this was our last day at the beach.  I got up pretty early and took some nice pictures of the ocean in the am.  I also walked around the grounds of the hotel and on the beach to take some last minute pictures.  I got everything packed up and ready to go.  We decided to eat breakfast before checking out, so we went to the breakfast buffet again. BACON!!!!!  We had breakfast and then loaded the car and headed to the lobby to check out.  That was done in a jiffy and we headed out to head home.  We stopped and filled up the car with gas and then drove on.

We again stopped in Rockingham and had a bathroom/snack break.  After that, we drove straight on through.  I was feeling pretty bleh. My nose was running and I knew I had a cold or something.  I came home to find a huge tree limb down in my yard.  My friend said he'd come by the next day and trim that up for me.  I went in the house and washed clothes and put away all my stuff and just relaxed. Another friend called and I went to see her for a few minutes. She lives just up the street.  I was still feeling bad and wasn't sure if I was contagious so I didn't stay long.  I came home and crashed. Thus ended my beach trip! It is now the 25th and I'm just getting over whatever this is I had.  I have been coughing and blowing my nose.  I think I'm finally almost over it. Thank goodness! I hope you enjoyed my beach trip.  I know I did. :)

Beach trip Day Three

This was the day we would have had to switch rooms.  Instead, my friend only had to go to the lobby and check out and in.  Since he was up early, we went to the breakfast buffet in the resort next door.  They have all you can eat bacon. Mmmmm, bacon....

After eating, I left him and went about my way.  I walked to 17 again and to Rite Aid.  I grabbed a few snacks for later and walked.  I went back to the room and then went back out for another walk.  I got lost!  It's okay though, I eventually found my way back to Ocean Blvd.  I was only about 30 blocks from the room.  DOH!  

I walked back and then I spent some time on the roof. The building we were in had a little roof top balcony. They have lounge chairs up there.  I went up and enjoyed being at the ocean. I took a book with me and read until it got too dark to read any longer. I went back to the room and then I went to the pool area.  I got in the hot tub and relaxed by the pool. My friend joined me later. After the pool, we headed out to get something from Dairy Queen, but they were closed.  We decided to just get Burger King instead.  They gave us our food and two extra sandwiches. :)  That was a nice treat. We went back to the room and I crashed!