Blogging Feed


Sorry about not posting yesterday.  I had some issues.  I made several videos on my bujo backpack.  I wanted to put the one I liked best in iMovie and edit it.  I didn't get anything into iMovie until tonight. lol  I was going out it all wrong.  It also didn't help that a lot of places said that sometimes the format I was using wouldn't work in iMovie.  I finally figured everything out and got it in there.  I put a little header and footer on the video to make it look more professional.  I watched it to make sure everything looked okay.  The title 0r header if you will was great. It went right into the video.  The video played fine, but at one point, I had a problem.  Seems when I was trying to set up titles and end caps, I actually put in a title title title in several seconds of video somewhere in the middle. LOL  I will re-do the video tomorrow and get it right and then upload it.  I want to learn more about iMovie so I can make nice videos for YouTube.  I might get my channel going!

It was after 4 am when I finally got to lay down and try to sleep last night.  I wasn't sleepy at all even then, but I made myself try.  I woke up so tired and out of sorts.  I'm surprised I was able to make my coffee!  My friend called and she was talking about the date and I told her I didn't know what day it was, I didn't get any sleep last night. It's the 17th btw! :P

I walked today and believe me, that took some doing.  I wanted to just go back to bed. It was sunny, but not really warm, so I decided to go.  It was in the mid 50's so it wasn't really cold.  I was nice enough out there in my hoodie.  I was glad to get the walk accomplished.  I did some more work on the puzzle.  I'm still not close to finishing, but it's starting to look like I will finish. I took a picture to share.  I moved some of the pieces to the chess board so I would have more room to work with.



Remember yesterday when I said I was looking for a piece of my puzzle.  Guess what I finally found tonight.  I was beginning to think it wasn't in the box. :P . I got my old chess board out and put the rest of the pieces on it.  I also moved some of the ones on the whiteboard over to have more room.  I found that piece and I found the others at the bottom so that section is done.  The top little part is next and then I'll go from there.  I was close to giving up tonight.  After getting that little section filled in and that one piece I needed, I was ready to continue to try and finish it!

My walk today was quite nice. I actually got hot while walking!  It was nice and warm out there. It's supposed to be as warm tomorrow, but we might get rain.  So far, it isn't a huge chance when it's walk time, but we'll see how it goes tomorrow.  They are calling for thunderstorms too.  I do not want to walk in one of those. I have before and it is not fun!

I had to run to the dollar store on my walk back. I was hoping to find a staple gun.  I had one, but I broke it last night. :P . Dollar General didn't have any, so I went to Roses which is right next to DG.  I looked over it three times and finally saw it.  It's a nice one, it's metal, so I shouldn't be able to break this one. :P I also found some feather dusters like I'd been looking for forever! These are the ones that I used to get all the time at Kmart.  They were $1.00 each, so I grabbed two.  They aren't as big as the ones I used to get at Kmart, but I was just glad to get them!

Speaking of Kmart, I ordered myself three pair of shorts.  They all came today via UPS and they all came in three seperate boxes.  WTF!?  Seriously.  They put a pair of shorts in each box, pillow pack for packing and sent them like that.  Why three boxes?  That is a bit silly!  I am glad to get them though.  I also got the cutest little backpack for my bullet journal stuff.  I downsized some of my supplies.  Not a lot, but I downsized a bit.  I also made a box for extra bujo supplies.  I'll do a post about the bag and the bujo box tomorrow.  Until then, here it the puzzle at the current time and a picture of a gorgeous pansy in a hanging basket at Roses.


Bed issues and puzzles :p

When I moved my room around a few weeks ago, I forgot one very important thing.  When I move the bed, I'm supposed to tighten the frame.  It sometimes works loose when I move the bed around.  I didn't do it this last time and last night as I was trying to get to sleep, I felt the bed jolt.  The jolt was the box spring falling through!  I have a lot of under the bed boxes, so it didn't fall down much.  I had to take the bed apart today to be able to tighten the frame.  That took longer than it should have, but I did it.  The part that I usually have to tighten was secure.  It was the other end of the frame that I don't usually mess with that needed the work.  I got that done and I put everything back and then crashed for a little bit until I got up to fix lunch.

I walked today and it was pretty nice. It's getting warmer.  Tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 70's! Whee!  That is good walking weather!  I ordered some of the shorts I like for walking from Kmart.  Since our Kmart closed, it is the only way to get anything from them.  I was hoping that the beach would still have a store, but sadly, they don't.  I bought three pair so that should get me through the summer.  I got extra just in case.  Sometimes my things wear out too quickly and sometimes they don't.  This way I have extra just in case.

I worked on the puzzle last night and then again today.  I have another little part filled in.  There is one piece that I'm looking for.  If you look at the picture below, it's the once piece near the bottom on the left.  It's irritating me that I can't find that one piece. lol I'll probably work on it a little more after I post this and do my French lesson.  I am determined to find that piece! :p


Boo on DST!

I woke up so tired today.  I hate having to change the clocks.  Fall isn't so bad, you get an extra hour.  Spring, not so much!  I am hoping to catch up a little bit tonight.  That is the plan, anyway!

I walked today even though I was really too tired to do it. It was nice out there.  I got to love on three cute doggies!  A poodle that wanted to jump and her owner didn't want her too. Then, I saw two people walking a couple of senior doggies.  One was a golden or lab mix and the other was a Basset hound with just one eye.  They were both cute and sweeties!  It's rare for me to get to pet that many dogs.  Usually when I'm walking I sometimes see dogs but I don't always get to pet them.  It was a good dog day! :p

I worked a little bit on my puzzle today.  Wait... I worked a LOT on my puzzle today, but I only got a little bit done.  I might work on it a little bit more.  I went through the box and pulled out certain pieces to work on.  Of that batch, I only got about 12 pieces together!  This is a hard puzzle.  I will finish it eventually though.  Next time I go to Target, I'm going to get a puzzle I saw when I bought the stamp one.  It was in between the one I got and that one.  It's the same company and I really liked the quality of that puzzle.  I'll get the other one and see if I can find more of that particular brand.

I also made it to the grocery store today. I needed a few things I didn't get at the first of the month.  I was also able to get the majority of the stuff I usually but at the dollar store.  I didn't want to stop and start the car twice on one trip.  I only have a few necessities I need to get.  They are small, so I'll just stop at the dollar store on my way home and pick those up!

Target, Starbucks, and puzzles.

I didn't walk today.  It was sunny, but it was also pretty cold.  I just did not feel like going out and walking in the cold, so I skipped my walk.  I went out in my car in the late afternoon to Target.  I got the whiteboard and it's perfect!  I had written down the exact one I wanted from the Target website and even the aisle they were on. :P . I got that and then went to the toy section to look at puzzles.  I found a few I liked and picked out a 500 piece one that has vintage stamps on it.  It's pretty cool.  I've already started on it.  The pieces are huge! It's so much easier to work when I can see the pieces.  The puzzle, has the stamps in order by color.  I've done the green stamps and I'm working on the blue ones.  I went through the box and pulled out all the green pieces and filled those in and then I got out the blue ones. I have done part of that, but I'm done for the night. I took a picture of the board, the puzzle, and the puzzle in progress.  (I've done more since I took that picture.) Here are those pictures:


This puzzle is an unusual size. It's 20x20.  I like it though.  When I had checked out at Target, I looked over at Starbucks and saw the spring mug on display.  I had to have it. LOL . I love mugs and this one is so pretty!  It's all pretty pastels colors.  It was double star day, so that made it even better!  Luckily, my car did fine and started right up when I left.  My gas light came on, so I stopped on the way home and got gas. I did not turn it off for that. I don't like running the engine when I'm pumping gas, but I didn't want to have it not start.  I was happy to get out and get the things done.  I was almost about to come home when I realized that I meant to go by a Pokestop while out as I was on a streak and this was day seven.  I did that and came home.  I worked on the puzzle and it's pretty cool. I really love the bigger pieces. Also, the puzzle is pretty thick.  I don't have any other puzzle that is this thick.  Puzzles are so expensive now, though!  I am able to get the ones at the dollar store sometimes and they are pretty nice for $1.00.  Next time I go, I'm going to see if they have any.  I like to do puzzles of actual pictures.  I am not fond of illustration puzzles.  The ones I usually get at the dollar store are pictures.  I prefer those.  I just think they are nicer to look at.

Oh! In case you wanted to see the mug, here is a picture of that:


The lighting in my house sucks.  It looks much better in person. :P  Let me see if I can find a picture online....Nope! lol  I  guess my poorly lit picture will have to do!

The puzzle from hell!

So, tonight I finished a puzzle.  I had worked on it a while back and got frustrated with it because of the small pieces and the way some would fit in the wrong spots.  I tossed it back in the box a year or so back and didn't bother with it.  Well, I wanted a puzzle to work sometime last week and pulled it out.   I have been working on it off and on since then.  It's truly hard because the pieces are so tiny and the colors are very similar.  I finished it tonight.  Sadly, when I got done, I was missing six pieces!  I found five of them and now I'm just missing one.  I'm hoping it will turn up.  

Last night after looking a puzzle boards, puzzle mats, and all kinds of other things, I thought about a solution!  I could get a wall hangable chalk board or whiteboard in the size I need to do larger puzzles.  I looked up some and found some a lot cheaper than any of the puzzle boards.  Most of the nicer puzzle boards were expensive and they would be smaller than my old chess board!  I looked up whiteboards and found that Target had one that is 2x3 and that would be perfect.  It can also be used as a whiteboard when I'm not working a puzzle!  The white background will make working the puzzle easier too, I think.  I was going to go to Target tonight and pick one up, but I never made it.  I worked on the puzzle from hell and finally got that done.  Now I just need to find that one little piece!

I almost skipped my walk today because I was tired when I woke up.  I didn't get a good night's sleep last night.  I went for my walk anyway.  When I was coming back, the train tracks that lead into my neighborhood were totally blocked.  They have been doing maintenance on the tracks.  One day when I left for my walk, they were blocked the crossing, but I was able to go around it by walking down the track just a few feet.  Today, there was no way around.  I had to walk all the way down to the next crossing.  There is no sidewalk between the two crossings and it's not fun to have to go down there. I finally got home and I was so tired!  I truly hope they are not there tomorrow!  If they aren't when I leave for my walk, I'll keep an eye out and try to go around before getting to the point where I usually go over the tracks.  There is a way to do that, but only if I know in advance. Technically you aren't supposed to go that way, but I figure it's better than walking down the highway to get to the other entrance to the neighborhood!  

Oh and if you are thinking, why didn't I just walk down the track a bit and go around, there is a good reason for that.  They had cars on the trains that were working on the track and it extended almost to the second crossing. If that one had been blocked, I probably would have cried!  

Pup free again. lol

I was so tired when I got up today and I so wanted to skip my walk. I didn't though!  I got up and took Cocoa out and did my usual morning routine and then walked.  It was cooler like I knew it would be, but it wasn't too bad.  I came home and let Cocoa go out again and then I crashed for a bit.  I was so tired.  I didn't sleep well either of the nights she was here.  Not totally her fault.  I hope to sleep well tonight!  My bed linen is clean and back on the bed and I have washed my hair.  I didn't feel like heating up the water this time so I did it without.  BRRR!  That was not fun, but I did it and then immediately got under the hair bonnet hair dryer.  That helped!

After my friends got home, my friend's son came down to pick up Cocoa.  I did not feel like walking up there.  I needed to buy groceries really badly, but I did not feel like messing with it today.  I'll go tomorrow.  Tonight, I was looking through old posts here on Typepad and realized that when I started it, I meant to do mirror posts at Wordpress. I never kept up with it.  Tonight, I exported my posts here and imported them to Wordpress. I'll try to do that once a week or remember to crosspost each post.  We'll see how that goes. LOL!

Starbucks and more!

So, I walked today and it was sunny and warm enough for short sleeves. Tomorrow it's only supposed to be in the 40's.  Nutty weather. :p  I got in a good walk since it was nice out there.  I am still pup sitting.  Cocoa is asleep under a blanket beside me at the moment.  She is such a little sweetie.  She likes to sleep under the covers.  Last night, I 'lost' her!  I had turned down the bed and was doing some thing to get ready for bed.  I had gotten her to come with me so I could take her outside.  I got distracted and then couldn't find her.  I looked all over including my room.  I came back to my room and looked at the covers.  It didn't look like anything was under them, but I flipped them up and there she was. lol Silly pup!  I got her and took outside so she could go once more before bed.  

I went up to my friend's house tonight to check on everything and make sure everything looked okay.  I took the van out to the post office and checked my box.  I had a stack of mail again!  Five penpal letters and three other pieces of mail.  I left there and decided that since I was out, I'd run to Starbucks and go through the drive thru.  That is exactly what I did, too!  I didn't carry Cocoa with me because I didn't bring the van here to load her up.  Oh well. Perhaps another time. :) . She is a bit on the portly side as it is, so she really didn't need the treat. :p  I always give her goodies from my plate when I eat up there and my friend's mom does too.  She loves to eat!  

I sat down tonight and paid my bills.  I will try to go to the grocery store tomorrow after I take Cocoa home after my walk.  I am hoping my car will do okay.  I did take it out for a little bit tonight again to charge the battery.  I'd like to get some groceries as I'm out of almost everything that is remotely good!  I need some variety in this house.  I will get that done tomorrow and do my other errands on another day.  I don't want to do a lot of starting and stopping my car in one day as it likes to mess up.  Better safe than sorry!  I think I'll get my groceries tomorrow and then go to the dollar store on Monday.  Unless one my friends will run me to the dollar store tomorrow which I doubt!  If I didn't have to get toilet paper, I would just walk to the dollar store.  Everything that I need but the tp would probably fit in my backpack easily.  I usually get a huge pack of tp so that it lasts a few months.  I'll decide what to do with that tomorrow.  Walking isn't a bad idea if it's dry, but the forecast is calling for rain AGAIN tomorrow evening.  I'm am so totally tired of rain. I do not live in Seattle.  I should not have to have so much rain. Booo!

Pup sitting!

My friend called my last night and asked if I would pup sit her mini Doxie, Cocoa, and her mom's terrier, Roxy.  I said, yes, since I love both of the pups.  Well, today, I went to go and pick them up and their supplies and what not.  I only was to keep one.  I love them both, but it is easier with just one at a time. lol  I have Cocoa, the mini Doxie.  She is curled up on the bed next to me at the moment sleeping.  She is such an old sweetheart.  Here are a couple of pictures I took earlier:


Isn't she adorable! When she visits, I put my trunk and a step stool next to my bed so it's easy for her to get up and down from it. ^_^  It's hard to jump on my bed with those cute little stubby legs!  Back before I got the frame bed, I would put the mattress and box springs on the floor.  This is much easier to do and a lot simpler to put back in order after she goes home.

I walked today and it was pretty nasty.  It was colder, which I was expecting.  It was also overcast, BUT it drizzled a bit off and on.  I never used my umbrella, but I did get damp. It was just a sullen drizzle.  It was annoying, but I didn't feel like holding my umbrella, so I didn't!  When I went up to my friends to pick up Cocoa, it was raining a lot.  I used an umbrella then!  They sent me home with some cans of food for her, some treats, and her leash.  They also gave me the leftover barbecue that my friend's husband makes. It's soooooooooooo good!  I had a couple of sammiches of it for my dinner!

I have use of their van while they are gone, so I might just have to go to Starbucks tomorrow for a bit. :p  I don't want to pass up the opportunity to go and not worry about my vehicle.  I also will probably take Cocoa with me and get her a Puppaccino! ^__^  I know she'll love that, and she likes to ride, too!  I will try to remember to go to the post office while I'm out tomorrow and check my box.  I need to reply to the letters I got when I went to the post office last week.  According to Informed delivery, I have a few more letters waiting for me.  I'd like to pick them up.  Perhaps I'll answer them all tomorrow or Sunday and send them out. I'm trying to keep up and not get behind on them this year.

Well hello again!

Yes, I realize that I didn't post for the past two days. Sorry about that.  I just didn't get around to it or feel like it.  I'm going to try to make up for it today.  I walked all three days, so that is good.  The first day, it was around 60 and it was nice.  Yesterday, it was in the 40's and cold.  Today, it was in the 60's while I walked today.  That was nice.  Tomorrow is supposed to be around 40 again.  I swear the weather cannot make up it's mind! Oh well!

My friend came today and we went to eat at one of our local places.  Afterwards, he put some new spark plug wires on my car.  I started it up and drove it for a bit.  I didn't stop anywhere or turn it off.  It did fine.  It wanted to overheat, but it didn't, so that was good.  I am not going to totally trust it, but at least it was okay for a short time today.  My friend lent me his jump box.  I've been looking at them on Amazon.  It would be something that would be nice to have in my car.  I think it would also be a good idea to get a set of jumper cables to keep in my car.  That way I won't have to find someone that has some, I'll already have them.  I'll just have to find someone to help me by using their vehicle.

While I was out tonight driving to charge my battery, I thought about going to Starbucks to the drive thru, but I was good and didn't.  I will probably do that at some point this weekend.  That is if my car continues to do okay.  Wish me luck!