Food Feed

Food, food, and more food!

Guess who went to the grocery store today?  Yes, me!  I spent a LOT of money but I got a LOT of groceries.  I tried to get a nice variety of things. I have been tired of eating the same old things so I trie to mix it up.  I only bought three frozen dinners this time.  I got a lot of other stuff that needs to be prepared and some heat and eat things.  I also got some staples.  I'm pretty much set for groceries for a while.  It was a lot of work. Shopping, loading, unloading and putting all that away, but it will be worth it for sure.

It stopped raining sometime overnight, so I didn't have to worry about that while shopping.  I still can't believe all the stuff I got. It saved a ton on deals and I also have $9.00 to spend later.  My store has a shop and earn program.  I earned enough in three departments to get $3 back in each. I love that program! It helps out a lot! One of my purchases also gave me a $1.o0 coupon for my next visit.

Umm... ew?

I went to one of my favorite local places today. I haven't been since the whole Covid thing started.  They have opened and started using their drive-thru (they took over the building from a burger joint). They never used the drive-thru but due to COVID, they have been using it.  This was my first trip there since it all began.  Backstory finished! LOL!  I got what I always get and it was quite a bit more than usual.  I knew they had gone up on prices, so I wasn't shocked at the window.  They did give me a lot more food than usual too.  That part was good since it was so much more.  The problem?  It tasted off.  It didn't taste like it was bad, it just had this weird taste.  I ate a lot and I still have also more for later. They loaded that box!  I just hope it was okay and I don't get sick. I think they might have used something different in there, I don't think anything was bad.  We'll see how my stomach feels in a few hours! LOL!

I called and ordered it an I was close by the restaurant so I went to the parking lot to sit and wait to go through the drive-thru.  While I was waiting, I opened the Munzee app to see if there were any Munzees close by, there was one but I wasn't sure exactly where it was and I didn't want to go all over.  I did find out that it was far enough way for me to deploy one of my own. :)



Hello again!

I have gotten my second wind and I'm a little more with it now. I wanted to post about the interesting thing that happened on my way to Myrtle Beach!  My friend and I usually do this trip from Monday - Sunday. He had this planned well before Covid-19 and all that mess.  When he found out that we would actually be allowed to go, he also found out that he would be off Friday, Saturday, and Sunday before the day we'd usually leave.  What does this nut do?  He books us a room at a different hotel for those two nights! LOL!  Yes, we are here until Monday morning and then we change hotels.  Fun, eh?  Two extra days for having to move twice?  I'm not complaining!

So, we were getting close to getting to Myrtle and his battery light comes on. Uh oh! Not good.  He pulls over on a busy highway and risks life and limb to check under the hood.  Everything looked okay, so he said since we were less than 10 miles from the hotel, we'd try our best to make it.  Well, when we get in Mrytle, they have Ocean Boulevard only going ONE WAY. You have to get on a certain cross streets and go to your hotel.  We didn't know this at first and we below ours and we were going to just drive up. NOPE. You can only go right onto Ocean Blvd.  So, we had to go eight streets above our hotel and go through there.  The car was struggling.

We get to the hotel and he sees a few parking spots near the front and he goes for it.  The car dies right there.  Luckily he was almost  in the spot so he was able to maneuver it and park it.  We went to hopefully check in.  This was just before noon and check in is at 4pm!  Of course the room wasn't ready but she said she'd call.

So, we can't go anywhere because of the car. This first hotel is right next to the beginning of the Beach Boardwalk so we go sit on a bench in the shade there.  He does some looking online and calls around and finds an autoshop store that will deliver the parts here to the hotel. Score!  They do and he hs been out working on putting the two parts on.  Hopefully this will fix the problem.  It's been a very long day and we are both tired to death.

We stopped at a Goodwill in Longs SC. My first thrift store in almost two months!  I got really 'weird' in there.  The only thing I could describe it was I felt like I was going to fall over in the floor. I actually stumbled into a clothing rack and was swaying badly. We checked out and then got on the road. It wasn't long after that the car issues started up so I was freaking out about feeling like I was dying and the car was trying to die too!  I think the car and I are both better now.  I hope he is coming back in soon with good news.

As for me, I felt better once I sat down in a cool environment.  We ordered pizza and I ate three slices of that on the balcony with some of my beloved Mountain Dew (I AM NOT A NECKBEARD!) I just happen to love their drink of choice. D'oh!  Anyway, I felt a lot better after eating and I've been just sitting and relaxing since.  I am starting to feel like myself again but damn I'm hungry again. LOL

That pizza was almost six hours ago now so it's okay that I'm hungry. I want to wait for my friend to get done with the car and hope that was a success.  I can eat leftover pizza or if the car is running we can risk it and go out in this insane traffic. AHHHH!

So, that was my day so far. I wanted to share with you. I didn't realise I would be writing my next novel right here in the blog. :P Here are a few more -pictures including that fabulous Hungry Howie's pizza!


Waiting no so patiently

I finally put together the ingredients to make a hash brown casserole.  It's in the oven right now and I'm anxiously awaiting it being done so I can devour it.  They are so delicious.  This one looked really good going in the oven.  I actually was able to make two dishes. I have another one in the fridge and I can cook it tomorrow.  That way it's fresh.  Yum. (insert Homer drooling sounds here) 

I'm down to the last 14 minutes.  I kept getting distracted.  I started this post about ten minutes ago! I will get this finished and then I'll have to wait just a little longer and then I can eat some delicious hash brown casserole.  Boy, this is the most boring post ever. Hopefully, I'll have some interesting things to show you tomorrow.  I have a few packages headed my way.  Sorry for rambling along about hbc, but that stuff is so good!


Almost there

Yes, I'm now within 635 words of 50,000 for this year's CampNaNoWriMo! I still can't believe it.  I could have finished tonight, but I got to a good point and stopped.  I'm sure it will end up being over 50,000. I've decided NOT to kill off my main character. I love him too much and so does my main leading lady!  We both would be devastated.  He still may have some health problems but not fatal ones.  I'm not sure if I'll get to that before I finish. There might be a longer book in the works or I may go for two.  We'll see.

I went to get groceries today and stock up before the beginning of the month when a lot of things are sold out.  The shelves were a lot fuller than the last time I went.  There were empty spots though.  A lot of canned goods were gone and I had wanted to get a few boxes of Hamberger Helper. I like to make it with Morningstar Farms veggie crumbles.    It's delicious that way. Sadly, they were out of most of the HH and they didn't have the ones I wanted so I passed on that.  I did get all the things to make a hashbrown casserole but I forgot the sour cream! D'oh!  I'm hoping to go to the other location of this store in a day or two and see if I can get a certain frozen dinner that I love and I'll pick up the sour cream then.  I hate going into crowded stores in good times, with all the COVID-19 worries, I hate it even more!  I am glad I have a lot of good food though.  I actually got myself a few 'treats' that I normally don't get.  Food, but fun food. :P

Speaking of food, I need to go fix some now! I finished my book last night and it left it on sort of a cliffhanger so I had to start the next book!  I did today and it's pretty good so far. I am pretty sure at this point I'll finish the trilogy.  Right now though, I'm fixing food and eating everything on my plate, or bowl, or whatever it is that I eat off of.  I haven't decided what I'm fixing yet. lol

Oh my goodness!

I am now only 557 words from 20,000 words.  That was my goal for CampNaNoWriMo but I will not be even close to being done by the 20,000-word mark.  Looks like this might end up being a full 50,000 words.  It's fun writing a whole different story and genre from my Zombie books.  Don't get me wrong, I love my Zombie series and characters and I will go back to them again.  This is fun.  

I am currently waiting for my dinner to finish up. I'm making my favorite hash brown casserole and I cannot wait to devour it all! LOL!  It's going to be so good and I have plenty for a few days.  Well, if I don't eat it all tonight! :P




Oh boy! Guess what?  Well, today I realized my debit card wasn't in my purse.  Uh oh! I looked through every pocket and place that I never put anything into and still no card.  Oh dear.  So, I go look in my car and didn't see it.  I thought back and realized the last time I used it I was at the drive-thru at CVS.  I went back by there when I ran out for groceries and stopped.  They didn't have it.  I had an idea where it might be at home, so I went and got my groceries. I lucked out and was able to get almost everything I wanted! Only a couple of things I wanted were out of stock so I was lucky!

I came home and looked in the place I thought of, no card.  Then I said to myself, it HAS to be in my car, It's fallen under the seat or in between the seats.  I go out and look in the front and look, nothing.  I have a little drawer under the passenger seat, I pull it out and look in it, nothing,  Then I look through and see it on the floor in the back. YAY!!!!!!!  I got it and carried it in and felt a whole lot of relief.  

So happy to get some groceries. Now if we have a stay in place order here, I'll be okay.  I have enough food to get me through.  I'm quite happy about that.  Well, in between all the debit card stuff, I am looking under my bed.  I was thinking it might have fallen off the bed and slipped under there.  Guess what?  Remember me taking it apart to fix it when it didn't need to be fixed the other night?  Well, it needed to be fixed today! LOL. I did that, cooled down, and then sat down to finish my puzzle. I finally finished that damn thing.  I'm glad it is done. :p


Friday, food, and thrifting!

My friend and I haven't gone to eat in a while, so today he said we'd go eat.  We ate and then he asked if I would like to go to Goodwill.  I did, but I'm down to $1 in my checking account! I asked if I found some things could he spot me and he agreed so we went. I was able to get a puzzle, a jack o' lantern mug, a little solid jack o' lantern, a package of jack o lantern paper cups, and three packages of envelopes. It was a good haul.  I always need envelopes with pen pals. I like to get ones that aren't just plain white, so these were cool.  One set is white with a red ribbon, one is red with strips and polka dots on the flap, and the other pack has blue envelopes.  I only picked up one and then I went and picked up the other and then I just said, what the hell and got all three! LOL!  I organized all my envelopes by size in the box I have them in and I added these to them. I also worked last night making a little divider system for stationery.  This way I can store more stationery in the little pen pal container and they are neat and organized, too!  I just need to put tabs on them so I can grab whatever I need easily.

So, here is the puzzle I finished today and my small haul from thrifting.  The puzzle was fun.  It wasn't too bad near the end, but it did take me a bit to finish.  I like the picture. I'm either going to do the door one I mentioned before tomorrow or I'll do the one I got today. It's really pretty.  



Yes, I know I didn't post yesterday. I had every intention of doing so, but I didn't.  I did do two loads of laundry, washed my hair, cleaned the fridge where I had glued on creamer.  Okay, so it wasn't glued on, but it was pretty gross.  I also cleaned the inside of the microwave. It needed it badly! When cleaning, I found that the paint inside is peeling badly.  I looked it up and read that you are supposed to stop using these immediately. Well, I haven't stopped because I can't afford another right now.  I looked up some locally and I found a nice one for $50 at Target, but it will be next month before I will have the money to buy it and I may not have it then. Hopefully, I will be able to get one.  I don't need a fancy one, just a working one!

I'll keep checking around between now and next month and see if I can't find a good deal on one!  That would be my best bet.  My friend got me to run by his house a few times today to pick up a package he was having delivered. If he had given me the tracking number the first time, I would have only had to go by once. Oh well, I didn't mind.  He came over to get it, but we went to eat first.  We got Roma, a local Italian place we both love.  I got a Philly steak hoagie and it was delicious!  He also brought me a few frozen items and three boxes of Little Debbie Devil Squares! SCORE!!!!!!  He knows I love them and they are ridiculously hard to find. My local grocery store hardly ever has them.  When we went to the beach on one trip, we went to a store that had them on a previous trip.  We went just so I could get some and they didn't have them. lol   I have three boxes now minus one pack inside. :P


Thankful for Starbucks.

That is right, I said I am thankful for Starbucks.  I checked the app earlier today and it said that Starbucks would be about today from 7 am-12 am.  I figured this was a typo and it meant 12 pm.  I went to my friend's house for dinner and then everyone was tired and old so they didn't want to do anything else. (LOL) . So, I went to do my tradition.  I like to drive down the main commercial area in our city and see all the things that are closed.  Everything was closed except one McDonald's and they had a line around the building and across the parking lot! lol 

I drove down and back up and then decided I would ride by the mall and then home.  The Starbucks is in a building in front of the mall with a Firehouse Subs and Chipotle.  I was coming up on it and I saw lights on in all three places but the Chiptole was deserted.  There were a lot of cars in the parking lot though.  So, I go up and guess what?  Starbucks is OPEN!!!!!!!!!  Of the three places, it's the only one open.  I felt bad going since they had to work on a holiday, but after eating with friends, I needed some Starbucks. Seriously!  I'm still drinking it now and it's bliss.  Bliss!  My meal was pretty good.   I had turkey, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, corn pudding, a deviled egg, green beans, green peas, and Key Lime Pie. Everything was quite tasty.  

Cocoa their mini Doxy spent the entire meal beside my chair because she knows who is going to give her turkey! lol. She waddled when I was doen with her. :p  My friend's mom is in the nursing home and he went and got her to bring her for dinner.  While we was gone taking her back, I walked Daisy the German Shepard.  She is a sweetie pie.  Strong that dog is! As Yoda might say.  She pulls, but not too badly.  She is a good pup.  She just turned 8 on 11/11/19!  Yes, she was born on 11/11/11! Cool, yes?